At 1st Wilmslow our Scouts are boys aged from 10 ½ – 14 years. We wear green shirts and red neckers and meet at Carnival Scout Hall every Monday in term-time from 7.30 – 9pm. You pay a small subscription to join either termly or annually.
Activities and Badges
Scouts has a busy programme of activities including:
- Indoor and outdoor games like dodgeball and Cops and Robbers
- Learn new skills including cooking, rafting, climbing and clay pigeon shooting
- Explore the local area, meet up with other Scout troops
- Camp at the weekend and during the holidays
- Help the community by participating in fundraising activities
- Gain leadership skills when you run a patrol
You can earn lots of badges through these activities and many others including music, computers and sport. Many at 1st Wilmslow have gained the Chief Scout’s Gold Award which is the highest badge in Scouts.
The next stop is Explorers when you reach your fourteenth birthday. 1st Wilmslow does not currently have an Explorers group for 14 to 18 year olds. Instead many move to the Alderley Edge Explorer group. Contact Jackie on 07710 450728 for more information.